Members attention is brought to Rule 5.6b
A round of golf is meant to be played at a prompt pace.
Each player should recognize that his or her pace of play is likely to affect how long it will take other players to play their rounds, including both those in the player’s own group and those in following groups.
Players are encouraged to allow faster groups to play through.
(1) Pace of Play Recommendations. The player should play at a prompt pace throughout the round, including the time taken to:
- Prepare for and make each stroke,
- Move from one place to another between strokes, and
- Move to the next teeing area after completing a hole.
A player should prepare in advance for the next stroke and be ready to play when it is his or her turn.
When it is the player’s turn to play:
- It is recommended that the player make the stroke in no more than 40 seconds after he or she is (or should be) able to play without interference or distraction, and
- The player should usually be able to play more quickly than that and is encouraged to do so.
(2) Playing Out of Turn to Help Pace of Play. Depending on the form of play, there are times when players may play out of turn to help the pace of play:
- In match play, the players may agree that one of them will play out of turn to save time (see Rule 6.4a).
- In stroke play, players may play “ready golf” in a safe and responsible way (see Rule 6.4b Exception).
Members are also reminded that a player is allowed 3 minutes to search for his or her ball before it becomes lost.
Please observe the ROPED-OFF areas – strictly no carts or buggies inside the ropes. Please continue to take and use the divot bags to refill divots – bringing back a full divot bag defeats the purpose! Please also repair pitch marks on the greens.
Winter Rules are in play until further notice.
|Wed 20th – 15 Hole Singles 1,2 & 6-18 Stableford White|
|Fri 22nd – Open Singles Stableford White|
|Sat 23rd – 2 Man Team Stableford White|
|Sun 24th – Monthly Medal No. 1 Stroke Blue|
|Fred Daly Trophy||Sunday April 7||Lee Valley|
|Irish Junior Foursomes||Friday April 19||Mahon/Castlemartyr/Cobh/Douglas|
|Fred Perry Trophy||Lee Valley|
|Jimmy Bruen Shield||Saturday May 11||East Cork|
|Pierce Purcell Shield||Saturday May 25||Mahon or Lee Valley|
|Irish Mixed Foursomes||Saturday June 15||Muskerry|
|Senior Cup||Saturday June 22||Fota|
|Michael Cashman Munster Club Four-Ball||Fermoy|
|Junior Cup||Thursday June 27||Castlemartyr|
|Barton Shield||Saturday July 13||Cobh|