We plan to commence the 2018 Winter League on Wednesday, January 17th.
There are some changes to the format this year:-
• Names of Players entering will be put into 4 pots based on handicaps
• Teams of 4 will be drawn from the 4 pots
• The final will be played on Saturday March 3rd
As in 2017, players can play their first 2 rounds on any of the 8 nominated days during the first 2 week period i.e. you could play both rounds in the first week or during the second week or one each week. Similarly with the second 2 rounds on Week 3 and 4.
Winter League 2018 Competition Rules:
1. Four men on each team. No handicap restriction.
2. Players may play Wednesday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
3. A player may play his first two rounds on any of the 8 nominated days during Week 1 & Week 2 and may play his second two rounds during Week 3 & 4.
4. The best three Stableford scores for each team to count each week.
5. The best 3 out of 4 week scores to count.
6. The top 15 teams will qualify for the final (depending on numbers).
7. Prizes will be for the winning team, the runners up team and the leading qualifying team for the final.
8. Entry fee of €20 per person to be paid in the Pro Shop.
9. Players can play on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday and they must nominate to the Pro Shop if they are playing in the Winter League on entry (i.e. prior to commencing play).
10. Enter by giving your name and entry fee of €20 to the Pro Shop by Sunday January 14th.
11. Draw for teams will take place on Monday January 15th.
Week 1: January 17, 19, 20 & 21.
Week 2: January 24, 26, 27 & 28.
Week 3: January 31, February 2, 3 & 4.
Week 4: February 7, 9, 10 & 11.
Final: March 3rd (18 Holes)